Important CUA Member Vote
The CUA Board of Directors has entered into an Intent-to-Merge agreement with Central Kansas Credit Union (CKCU). The Merger requires a vote from both credit unions’ memberships with an affirmative result. Your Board of Directors and CUA Chief Executive Officer, Frank Shoffner, are in favor of this merger, believing it will contribute to CUA’s existing financial strength that allows us to provide innovative and value-priced services for all CUA members.
Who is CKCU?
• $36 million in assets
• A community-chartered credit union, headquartered in Hutchinson, Kansas.
• CKCU has seasoned leadership and employs 15 individuals
What does this merger mean to CUA members?
• CUA will be the surviving credit union
• Existing branches and services will not change due to the merger
• CUA members will have two new offices in Hutchinson and Pratt, Kansas
• CKCU is a well-run credit union that will not task CUA’s strength or financial foundation
• Upon merger, two seats will be added to the Board of Directors to insure representation from the CKCU communities
Why this Merger is a good idea
• The merger will expand CUA’s markets to include not only Hutchinson and Pratt, but also adjoining counties
• Market expansion enhances CUA’s long term success through growth of CUA’s membership base
• Products and services will be greatly enhanced for CKCU members
Who can vote and how
• One vote per member
• The primary member on the account is eligible to vote, must be 16 or older
• Ballots and return envelopes are available at all CUA offices March 1, 2018
• Ballots must be received at the address on the envelope provided by midnight, Friday, March 23, 2018
• OR – ballots may be cast at CUA’s Annual Meeting on Tuesday, March 27, 2018. Reservations required by calling
316.265.3272 ext. 22
If you have questions about the Merger or Vote, please contact CUA CEO, Frank Shoffner at 316.265.3272 ext.143