A Message from CUA’s CEO, Frank Shoffner
During the stay at home order we temporarily closed CUA lobbies for the health and safety of our members and staff. CUA staff remained committed to providing outstanding member service and continued to serve members remotely. Now that the stay-at-home order has been lifted, we will start reopening our lobbies in a phased approach that we believe is safest for our members and staff.
Effective Wednesday, May 13, 2020
The following six branches will return to normal business hours in the lobby:
These branches offer TAP teller machines in their lobbies, which will reduce one to one interaction. Transactions requiring a financial service representative will be available. We encourage you to continue using online and phone services when you can.
We are taking the following precautions to provide the safest environment possible.
- Our staff will be wearing masks and we request our members wear face coverings as well.
- We are limiting the number of individuals in our lobbies. Please come in alone unless your transaction requires two signatures. If we are at capacity, our greeters will ask you to wait. They will let you know when it is your turn to come in.
- We are practicing social distancing. Please do so when you are in the lobby.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at desks for added protection.
- If you are ill or have any COVID-19 symptoms, please do not come in for lobby services. We continue to offer drive-thru teller services, plus online and telephone service. Please call us at 1.800.256.8049 and we will be happy to serve you.
We will continue to monitor national, state, and local situations and guidelines. We are working hard to return all branches to normal business hours in a safe and timely manner. Please watch this website for updates and contact us if you need financial assistance. We have missed our members and we look forward to seeing you soon.