Getting a home loan with CUA is convenient and easy. We have local underwriters with local servicing/payments and offer flexible programs to meet your needs. Ask about flexible down payment options!
Federal Housing Administration (FHA) Loan
A government-backed mortgage insured by the Federal Housing Administration. Borrowers pay for private mortgage insurance, but are eligible for a home loan with as little as 3.5% down.
Veterans Affairs (VA) Loan
Home loans for eligible veterans who meet at least one of the following conditions:
- Served 90 consecutive days of active service during wartime
- Served 181 days of active service during peacetime
- Served more than 6 years of service in the National Guard or Reserves
- Are the spouse of a service member who has died in the line of duty or because of a service-related disability
Rural Development (RD) Loan
Low interest rate, no down payment option if you are buying in an area that is part of a Rural Development program. Monthly mortgage payment (including principal, interest, insurance and taxes) cannot exceed 29% of your income.
FHLB Homeownership Set-Aside Program Grant
2019 funds have been exhausted
Are you a first-time homebuyer interested in receiving up to $5,000 for your new home? Credit Union of America is proud to offer the Homeownership Set-Aside Program through the Affordable Housing Program. Homebuyers must meet the following criteria:
- First-time homebuyer, may not own or be an investor in another residence
- Household income at or below $53,040 for 1-2 persons, or $60,996 for households with 3 or more
- Must provide $500 down payment or other costs paid outside of closing costs of at least $500
- Home may be in rural or urban locations in Kansas
- Must complete homebuyer education approved by designated state organization
- Non-occupying co-borrower and/or co-owners are not permitted
- No cash back may be received at closing, no debt may be paid off at closing
- Loan can't close until confirmation of reservation's income approval has been received
- Must stay in purchased home for at least five years
- Limited grant funds available
3% Down Payment
- Fixed rate conventional home loan
- Finance up to 97% of the purchase price/appraised value, whichever is less
- Down payment** may come from gift funds
- Seller can pay up to 3% of closing costs
Retire My Mortgage
- $299 flat closing cost*
- No appraisal required
- 10 year term
- Low interest rate refinancing
Learn what to expect when applying for a mortgage loan with CUA. Check out our online mortgage resources or visit with a CUA mortgage officer at 316.265.3272 extension 191 or 1.800.256.8049.
Estimate Your Payment Apply Now View Rates
A $125,000 purchase price with $6,250 (5%) down payment and $118,750 financed at 4.75% fixed annual percentage rate would result in a monthly payment of $619.46 for 360 months. Sample payment only includes principal and interest. Other restrictions may apply, for full details speak with a CUA Loan Officer.